Born in 1975
Living in Paris
sebastien [dot] courvoisier [at] gmail [dot] com
Senior Web Engineer
More than 20 years of experience in Digital Art as a developer and technical designer
- Facing new challenges and new horizons, on both technical and intellectual levels
- Working for a meaning, people I cherish and projects that matter
- Never stop learning (« Every morning I am a beginner », Hanya Holm)
Technical Researcher and Scenography Assistant @ Cie Gramma-, Paris, France
- Conception and development of a digital platform for editing and analysing dance scores (using Kinetography Laban). Technical design of stage and lighting.
Teacher @ ENSCI, Paris, France
- Basic teaching of code, machine learning and data scraping. The main goal is to make the students autonomous in understanding the nature of code and criticising the use of data in the "digital age".
Freelance Web Developer @ Paris, France
- Conception and development of artistic websites, interactive installations and mobile applications (generative content, data mining and visualization, geolocation, augmented reality, kinetic and optical devices, machine learning, data scraping...)
Multimedia Projet Manager, Web Developer, Network Engineer @ CICV Pierre Schaeffer, Hérimoncourt, France
- Developer and technical consultant for artists on digital projects: websites, interactive installations and performances (generative content, data mining and visualization, collaborative platforms, intranets...)
- System administrator and network manager (Linux, Mac, Windows).
Master Degree in Networks and Real-Time Systems Engineering @ Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard, France
DUT (Higher National Diploma) in Computer Engineering @ Institut Universitaire de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard, France
Good communication skills in both written and spoken English.
Significant projects as main developer & technical designer (among others)
- Three interactive installations commissioned by Quai des Savoirs for the "Humain Demain" exhibition.
- Three.js, WebGL, Kinect, Electron, Arduino, Processing
Climat Général by Claire Malrieux (Venice Biennale 2017)
- An immersive generative environment comprising of a mix of several dimensions related to meteorological phenomena and major human activities.
- Node.js, Pixi.js, Paper.js, P5.js, CouchDB
Empreintes by Béatrice Lartigue - Lab212
- Empreintes takes snapshots of our movements and questions their remnants. Through the tracking of their hands in motion, visitors create shapes in space.
- Three.js, WebGL, Leap Motion, Electron, Blender
Key+Words by Magali Desbazeille & Siegfried Canto
- An installation project for the Internet.
- PHP4, MySQL, Apache, Flash, Java, integration with Max/MSP
Des Frags by Reynald Drouhin
- A Web Art project.
- PHP3, MySQL, Apache, Perl